Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Don’t Let Your Job Define Who You Are

Two of my friends on YouTube have led me to post this blog.  Their posts led to introspection which I thought I would share. 



In 1999, my job became obsolete and I really didn't know what I would do next in life.  I didn't
know who I was without my job.  I was in a shaky marriage and I never had children.  It was a scary time for me.  My job had been training and the company decided to go more with computer based training. 

I then became a teacher and loved it.   But I have changed careers often.  One thing that is a common denominator in all my jobs/careers is my desire to help others learn skills that will in turn help them achieve their goals.

When I moved here to Louisiana I became a Realtor but quickly changed over to help my husband with his company.  I could “retire” now, but I really like to work.  I like having some place to go and people to talk to.  

I was so wrapped up in that first job for 18 years that it became WHO I was.  I vowed to never let that happen again.  When God closes one door he opens another. 

If something similar has happened to you and you want to talk about it, please comment below and I will get back with you.

ON THIS ROAD OF LIFE
we will face many challenges.  It is how we deal with them that will build our Character!

THANK YOU
for reading.....Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment!
You have made my day!