Thursday, January 15, 2015

Number Four of My 14 Favorites from 2014

Number Four of My 14 Favorites from 2014

Hi Everyone! 
 Everyone was challenged on YouTube by Nathalie, TheBeautyDiva to come up with their favorite 14 items of 2014.  Most of mine were not makeup since I had just started my channel and had already talked about all my favorite makeup items.  So I decided to come up with a list of items that I used every day or that I would quickly replace if lost or broken. 

Nathalie's channel link:  

I thought I would make a daily blog of each item one by one.

#4.  Velcro Rollers

My fourth and fifth items are also hair related.  My hair is so fine that it will not hold a curl and falls flat against my head.  I found a way to tease my hair that gives me volume.  It involves using Velcro rollers.

I bought mine at Albertson’s, but you can find these at many different stores.  Here is a link to Walmart’s online purchasing.  The cost here is around 8-9 dollars.  They are worth that to try them if you have fine hair like mine.


I take one section of my hair starting at my crown with my cow lick.  My cow lick is my nemesis.  With each section do the following in this order:
  1. Tease
  2. Hairspray
  3. Go over tease with flat iron
  4. Wrap in a Velcro roller


With my hair cut in a bob, this is the only way I can wear it so that it will stay in that cute bob shape.  Otherwise my hair will go in many different directions.

 Have Fun On This Road of Life!!

God Bless,
Kathy


2 comments:

  1. I'd like to try these. Do you sleep in them, and if you do, are they uncomfortable?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy! No I don't think I could sleep in them. I tease , hairspray and put these in my hair in the mornings. Then I go and put my makeup on, drink my tea, etc.. Right before I put my clothes on, I'll take them out. They really give my hair some volume.
      Take care, God bless...Kathy

      Delete

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment!
You have made my day!