Sunday, January 25, 2015

Number Fourteen of My 14 Favorites from 2014, Plus Outfit of the Day

Number Fourteen of My 14 Favorites from 2014

Hi Everyone! 
 Everyone was challenged on YouTube by Nathalie, TheBeautyDiva to come up with their favorite 14 items of 2014.  Most of mine were not makeup since I had just started my channel and had already talked about all my favorite makeup items.  So I decided to come up with a list of items that I used every day or that I would quickly replace if lost or broken. 

Nathalie's channel link:  

I thought I would make a daily blog of each item one by one.

#14.  Coconut Oil

My last but certainly not least favorite item for 2014 is Organic Virgin Coconut Oil. 
I had read so much about the benefits of coconut oil that I thought why not try it. I am glad I did because I have found many uses for it.  I have even oiled my door hinges with it when I didn't want to go to the barn for WD40.  



I use it to cook with. It adds flavor when I stir fry my sweet potatoes or yams. 
When I am hungry for something sweet this is what I try to eat instead of reaching for a cookie or a piece of cake. 

I use it in my tea.  I don’t use it every day, but I try to put a teaspoon in my tea at least once a week.  It is most delicious in hot chocolate.  I will sometimes warm up chocolate almond milk and put a teaspoon in that.

I use it for deodorant.  
I found a recipe on Pinterest and I use it for my deodorant since regular deodorant makes my underarms swell up.

I have heard that consuming coconut oil helps with dementia. 
It is also used in the old fashioned method of “oil pulling”.

I use it as a skin moisturizer.  I put a dab on any eczema breakouts I have and also put some on as a lip conditioner.  When I wear stubborn mascara I use it as a makeup remover.

I am no expert but I prefer using this product over petroleum based products. 

Here is an outfit I put together for church this morning.


The boots are Naturalizers from last year.  They are so comfortable because they have a kitten type heel.  The pants/leggings are Eileen Fisher from last year.  The layered tops are again BOTH from Cracker Barrel Country Store Restaurant.  I love long, flowy tops and some can get really expensive.  But the ones I purchased at Cracker Barrel have all been 39.99.  When compared to Designer Brands this price is reasonable.



Thank you for taking the time to read my blogs.  
I really appreciate it.

Have Fun On This Road of Life!!

God Bless,

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment!
You have made my day!